Frederick A. Martin founded Environment Design in 1974. He is an environment designer, which means that his perspective looks at the play environment as a total environment. We handle everything from site assessment, to evaluating the interests of your community, design, construction, and maintenance.
Our mission is to our children, family and sense of community. We design play environments that are stimulation for the imagination, Challenging for the body and a safe home for the free spirit of discovery.
Environment Design handles everything, including planning, design, project management, installation, qualified playground safety certification, and maintenance support. We use materials that are safe, durable, and, wherever possible, natural: real and recycled wood composite decking.
- 2021 Temple Sinai Pre School Atlanta,GA
- 2021 Strong Start Child development centers,Ct.
- 2020 Greenwich Reform Synagogue,Ct.
- 2019 Constitution Park, Larchmont NY.
- 2019 Slate School,Ct.
- 2015 St. Raphael’s Hospital Day Car Ct
- 2012/2017 Yale Hospital Day CareCt.
- 2016 Woodland Park, Pelham, NY.
- 2016 Codfish Park, Nantucket, Mass.
- 2017 Housatonic College Early Childhood Lab School,Ct
- 2017 Rockland Preserve ParkCt
- 2018 / 2020 Mamaroneck Nursery School NY
- 2015 Temple Beth, Needham, Mass.
- 2013 /2014 Foot School, Ct
- 3013 / 2021 St.Marks Nursery School, Ct.
- 2012 Greenburg Nature Center NY
- 2008 Staples Hugh School Child development Center Ct.
- 2007/2020 St. Thomas School Ct
- 2007Williams College Day Care Center , NY
- 2006 MontessoriAcademyNJ
- 2000 Stamford Museum and Nature Center Ct
- 2000 Flat Rock Brook Nature CenterNY
Quality & Experience
Our designs comply with the safety requirements of the Consumer Products Safety Commission and the American Society for Testing and Materials. Environment Design, llc is fully insured as a playground manufacturer.
Safety verses Risk
Our designs balance safety with challenging activity. Too many designs have eliminated physical challenge in the mistaken belief that challenges equate with danger. Actually, statistics show that children who learn how to climb, hang on and negotiate physical challenges are less likely to have accidents than those youngsters who do not have varied physical play.
Every playground offers a range of challenging activities and maximum safety. In fact, Environment Design has a superior record of quality and safety. No playground producer has a better record.
Environment Design, llc is fully insured as a playground manufacturer.
We are not about play equipment
We design an integrated play environment, ranging from experiences with nature to opportunities for social learning.